At The Vine Baptist Church we endeavour to provide a warm and friendly welcome to new people of all ages and from all walks of life.
Through informative events with staff and other church members we help those who are interested find their place and purpose at The Vine.
A Letter From Stewart
I recall when Bron and I were trying to break into a new church during our time living in the USA. This church was new, big and bustling with activity. Whilst people were friendly and welcoming, it seemed to take a while before we could find our place and really get to know people on a deeper level. On one particular Sunday I told Bron, “I’m not leaving here today until I’ve had at least one conversation with someone lasting at least ten minutes!” The Vine is not as big as that church was, yet this does not make ‘breaking in’ any less of a challenge. I want you to know that our staff are fully committed to helping you in any way possible. Please feel free to ring or drop into the office anytime with any question. Don’t ever feel embarrassed or that you might be disturbing busy people. You are why we are here! Office hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday – and the coffee machine is always on! Here are just a few suggestions that may help you to develop a greater sense of belonging; these suggestions are, by no means, intended to be prescriptive:
- Linger after the service for coffee and aim to have a conversation with someone.
- After you get to know someone, offer to meet up with them outside church time … catch up for a coffee, or consider inviting someone over for a meal.
- Have a look at the various activities of the church on our Calendar and see if there is something of interest there.
- Growth groups are a great way to get to know others within our church family – feel free to contact us about them!
- There’s always a need for volunteers around the place; if you have a particular passion let us know and we’ll see if we will help you find a place to serve. Serving alongside others often gives you a sense of belonging.
- Pray that God will help you to make some divine appointments and guide you in this.
My prayer for you is that you will find your place soon as we share this journey together!
– Stewart Hunt, Lead Pastor